Frog in knots

Knitting, knots and frogging.

Monday, January 07, 2008

It's a pirate's life for me!

When I heard an old friend had had a baby last year I instantly set about knitting for her. Well, not quite instantly. What does one knit for a goth baby? Obviously pink and frills were out and I didn't feel the love for black and frills, that's a bit too ominous for my liking, so I went with black and cute. Hopefully Jules will forgive me for the little bit of pink on her gothlet.

It's the Pirate Sweater from Adorable Knits for Tiny Tots by Zoe Mellor (again). Same mods as with the red one - I missed out the contrast cast on/off because that would have meant even more ends to sew in and do I not like ends. Fortunately I like the sweater enough to have made it twice in a short space of time. Right, now where's the rum?

22 Comments:

At 7:16 pm, Blogger Bezzie said...

Goth and cute--I like it!

 
At 8:01 pm, Blogger acrylik said...

Oh that's just too cute, absolutely love it!

 
At 11:14 pm, Blogger Charity said...

Awesome colour combination, I love it! :0)

 
At 12:36 am, Blogger cpurl17 said...

ooh a baby pirate, how cute!!!!

 
At 3:09 am, Blogger Stacey said...

That is so cute! I wish I had seen that pattern before christmas...i made a pirate hat for my nephew & that would have been cute with it!

 
At 3:27 am, Blogger Stefaneener said...

My baby wuold simply have lived in that. I wonder if I could wrestle Thing 4 into something like that. . .

 
At 3:28 am, Blogger Stefaneener said...

Yes, I can spell.

Would
would
would

Argh indeed.

 
At 3:39 am, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

So cute! Where are the booties to go with it? Arrr. Booty. Get it? Heh. I crack me up. =P

 
At 3:56 am, Blogger knitty_kat said...

No, you HAD to have pink in it. Dood, you can't tell what gender it is other wise! I think it's awesome.

 
At 4:07 am, Blogger Unknown said...

It's adorable!

 
At 7:25 am, Blogger Linda said...

Perfect for a goth baby!

 
At 10:07 am, Blogger Peri said...

That is such a brilliant baby knit - I love it!!

 
At 11:59 am, Blogger T said...

Want one for me ;) It's smashing Rain.

 
At 8:50 pm, Blogger MandellaUK said...

I love that jumper!

 
At 9:41 pm, Blogger TinkingBell said...

AAArrgh, Me Hearties - Great jumper! Love it - and I love the pinwheel - looks Fabulous! Love the black and white and shades between = could go with a shawl pin for fastening! Damn - now I've got to make one too!

 
At 11:57 pm, Blogger Piglottie said...

Fantastic!

 
At 9:54 pm, Blogger Knittypants said...

Cute, I like how you sweetened it up.

 
At 1:24 am, Blogger Batty said...

That's so cute! If I had a baby girl, that's the kind of thing I'd love to dress her in. I'm sure it'll be appreciated.

 
At 11:39 am, Blogger Fiona Reynolds said...

Great jumper - that's wicked! :-)

 
At 6:30 pm, Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Goth, but girly...I love it!

I also love the big smile on the skull, by the way. It's like, "I'm a pirate, but a happy pirate."

 
At 8:58 pm, Blogger Seahorse said...

Superb!

Love the Pinwheel too!

 
At 6:47 am, Blogger kimberly said...

Oh this is adorable too!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home